Scholarship Process and Tips
Sisters GRO: Six Steps to Scholarship
- Complete the FAFSA application online at https://studentaid.gov/. Be sure to record your EFC # and save your Student Aid Report to submit for your Sisters GRO scholarship application. (note: you may still apply for Sisters GRO scholarships if you do not qualify for federal student aid.)
- Obtain your unofficial transcriptfrom the SHS Student Services Office (Rick Kroytz) or request a digital copy (PDF) online at: http://shs.ssd6.org/academics/studentresources/requesttranscript. This will be used to fill in courses and number of credits, but you will also need to a digital copy to upload a PDF to your application.
- Reflect on school and community activities and fill out an Activities Chart to prepare a log of your experiences for your app. Activities Charts can be picked up at the Student Services Office.
- Identify eligible scholarships by completing the eligibility form which is the first page of the Sisters GRO scholarship application: https://aim.applyISTS.net. (note: you are only able to fill this page out ONCE. To be sure to do so correctly, you may practice on this live demo page: https://aim.applyists.net/Form/Preview/24675/20765)
- Select the scholarships that you want to opt-in to and apply: https://aim.applyISTS.net. There is a general written essay and some scholarships request additional short essay responses as well. Prepare accordingly so that you have time to complete the applications without rushing.
- Request letters of recommendation from community members based on specific scholarship criteria.
Check out this video for an overview of the Application Process
TIPS: Here are a few helpful tools to make the process easier . . .
- Letters of Recommendation -
- Sample scoring rubric - How will your academics, extracurricular activities, community service, employment, essay, and/or letters of recommendation be scored?
Still have questions? Contact the ASPIRE office.
Sisters GRO Menu
OSAC - Office of Student Access and Completion
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Frequently Asked Questions
In The News
Selection Committee Tools
* Feb. 25, 2021 * Scholarship Application Deadline
PO Box 1546
Sisters, OR 97759