Sisters Science Club
The Sisters Science Club is a community organization focused on enhancing science and math in the schools.
It has supported each school with yearly discretionary budgets for equipment, supplies and field trips; sent interested teachers to National Science Teachers Association & Oregon Science Teachers Association for professional development; created a yearly, district-wide Science Fair; built a high school greenhouse and brought selected Belfry Frontiers in Science community speakers into the schools.
Over the past six years the Science Club has worked with the superintendent to help initiate programs in Flight Science, Culinary Arts, Environment-Community-Self (SMS ECoS), and the Seed-to-Table Healthy Living Program, K-12.
- Planetarium sky dome
- 3-D Printer
- Flight Science program with licensing of pilots
- Omsi Brain Teaser exhibit
- Casey Eye Institute visit
- Hanging Wall herb garden
- Kitumbi Kenya teaching partnership
- Math Club – 70 students participated in one year
- Hutchinson Cancer Research Center 3 day trip (5 years)
- CTE – Stem Grant: $200,000
- RECON astronomy program (3 years)
- New Greenhouse – Seed-to-Table Program
- Weather balloon experiments (3 years)
- Pine Mountain Observatory program (first year)
- Health education with Camp Sherman EMT, St Charles and CE AHEC health programs